Arriving in Manhattan, the kids talk about their plans for the day in New York. Ally – our gear girl – has been filming her friends with her new DV video camera. Soon, however, the friendly banter is disrupted by a fender bender that sets our story in motion. Getting out of the mini-bus, their teacher Ms. Pickwick inspects the scene. Immediately, Ally’s backpack is stolen – the bag containing her new DV camera and Play Station. Ally disregards Ms. Pickwick’s instructions and takes off after the thief. Ms. Pickwick heads off to call the police, insisting that the kids wait for her return. Inspired by Jason’s activist position (“We’ve got to get involved”), however, the kids take matters into their own hands. Following a few stray clues left behind by the thief, they zig zag through Manhattan.
After a few wrong turns, they manage to trace Ally and the thief to the set of a music video in the process of filming. Reunited with Ally, the kids manage to trap the thieves and save the music video performers. It turns out that Ally had gotten one of the advanced prototypes of a new DV camera by mistake, a camera which the thieves were determined to steal for themselves. Once things have settled down Ally & Jason, Daisy & Rob, Donny & Julia also get to share a bit more about their real feelings for each other, feelings brought out by their wild Manhattan adventure-ride. Finally able to speak a bit from the heart, the kids bond with the music video performers about the excitement of coming to New York City.
FILMSNACKS, A NYC-BASED PRODUCER OF ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT, PRESENTS ONLINE SERIAL MOVIE, “CHAOS THEORY,” PREMIERING EXCLUSIVELY AT TEEN WEBSITE ALLOY.COM SERIALIZED FEATURE FILM TO BE CO-PRODUCED BY PLUS FILMS
(New York, NY March 16, 2000) — FILMSNACKS, Inc., a New York City-based producer of original, online entertainment, announced today that it will launch its first project with the premiere of an Online Serial Movie, “CHAOS THEORY,” at ALLOY ONLINE, a leading website destination for teens. “Chaos Theory,” set to launch at Alloy’s website (www.alloy.com) on April 17, is the first feature film designed for online serialization. Principal filming begins in New York City on March 15th and will be shot on digital video. Co-produced by independent film producer PLUS Films and FilmSnacks, “Chaos Theory” will follow the post-millennial, Blair Witch Project-meets-MTV Road Rules adventures of a group of high school students on a New York City field trip gone awry.
“Chaos Theory” will be an original full-length feature film, designed specifically to be rolled out in 30 daily, three-minute episodes, each of which will end in a cliffhanger to entice audience members to return for the next installment. Each episode will be accompanied by additional web page content, also hosted at Alloy.com, including behind the scene exclusives, special offers on music and products featured in the film, discussions, chats and other interactive activities, as well as exciting contests and sweepstakes. “Chaos Theory” stars a cast of fresh new actors, including Casey Dickerson, Chris Gardner, Camille Marie Guaty, Justin Halliwell Beatrice Rosenblatt, and Michelle Parylak.
Previous full-length feature films shown online required an ultra-fast connection to the Internet. “Chaos Theory’s” three-minute episodic structure will allow any user with a 56.6 K modem and free streaming video software to smoothly experience the film and its supplementary content. “FilmSnacks and Alloy are launching a new era of film for a new medium,” says “Chaos Theory” writer/director and FilmSnacks co-founder Edward Vilga. Vilga’s previous project, the acclaimed “DEAD BROKE” (starring Paul Sorvino and Jill Hennessy), was the first feature to premiere simultaneously on the Internet and theatrically when it screened in May ¹99 on the iFilm Network, a leading independent film site. Victoria Lang, producer and Co-President of PLUS Films, noted that “The advent of digital video technology and the Internet have allowed independent producers to redefine filmmaking and their audience.” Matt Diamond, CEO and co-founder of Alloy Online, Inc. commented, “This is an exciting venture for Alloy.
With the recent creation of our Alloy Entertainment division, this clearly represents our expansion across a broad range of multi-media platforms.” “FilmSnacks delivers exciting, original content and we are thrilled to add to our offerings the most innovative and engaging entertainment choices for our net savvy teens and provide FilmSnacks with an ideal arena to generate excitement surrounding their projects,” added Diamond. About FilmSnacks:FilmSnacks is an Internet New Media content producer, providing industry-leading destination websites with customized entertainment content designed to attract and retain users. FilmSnacks founders Edward Vilga, Ryan Hegg and Bert Orlov have created a unique product, the Online Serial Movie (patent pending), which integrates a feature film (released in daily segments) with webpages offering information, activities, and other online content. The engaging, interactive design of FilmSnacks¹ product increases the amount and duration of new and repeat user traffic, driving advertising and e-commerce revenues while enhancing brand recognition for its destination website customers. To learn more about FilmSnacks, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also visit their site at www.filmsnacks.com for more information on “CHAOS THEORY.” About Alloy Online:Alloy Online is a leading Web site and direct marketer providing community, content, commerce, and entertainment to Generation Y, one of the fastest growing segments of the Internet population. Alloy’s convergent media model which combines its Web site, its Alloy Online e-zine and its catalog has a total reach of more than 10 million individuals per month. Together, these components offer a unique blend of services through which teens can interact, share information and explore compelling and relevant content. For further information, contact Jodi Smith, Director of Publicity at 212.244.4307 x8359 or please visit the company’s web site (www.alloy.com) and click on Investor Info or call 1-877-ALLOY-IR. About PLUS Films:PLUS Films, Inc. is an independent feature film production company founded in 1995 by Victoria Lang and Pier Paolo Piccoli. Based in New York City, PLus Films has gained a reputation for discovering fresh new writing, directing and acting talent.
PLUS Films recently co-produced the independent features MACBETH IN MANHATTAN starring Gloria Rueben (ER), which won Best Feature awards at The South Beach and Long Island Film Festivals, and “DARK TIDES,” starring Paige Turco, soon to debut on Showtime. PLus Films’ development slate includes the screen adaptation of George Bernard Shaw’s play MAN AND SUPERMAN, and TRIFECTA, a screwball comedy by and with the stars and creators of Comedy Central’s STRANGERS WITH CANDY.
Cast & Crew
FILMSNACKS In association with PLUS FILMS (now LANG ENTERTAINMENT GROUP) Presents an Edward Vilga Film CHAOS THEORY Starring (in alphabetical order)
- Daisy: BÉATRICE AMBRÉ
- Rob: CASEY DICKERSON
- Donny: CHRIS GARDNER
- Julia: CAMILLE MARIE GUATY
- Jason: JUSTIN HALLIWELL
- Ally: MICHELLE PARYLAK
And ANGELA VIA as herself
- Casting Director: ADRIENNE STERN
- Director of Photography: JOAQUIN BACA-ASAY
- Editor: PATRICIA SCHUMANN
- Production Designer: LINDA GRAVELINE
- Costume Designer: AUTUMN SAVILLE
- Line Production: NUMERIC PICTURES
- Executive Producers: BERT ORLOVRYAN HEGG
- Written and Directed by: EDWARD VILGA
- Ms. Pickwick: PATRICIA SCANLON
- Minibus Driver: KEVIN DEWEY
- Mysterious Driver: ROHAN QUINE W.R.LESLIE LEWIS-SWORD
- Bodyguard: KURT SINNAMON
- Stage: PABETHANN SCHEBECE
- Policeman: VIN KNIGHT
- Production Manager: JOEL BLANCO
- First Assistant Director: BRIAN BENTHAM
- Second Assistant Director: BETHANN SCHEBECE
- Second Second Assistant Director: CLAY CARMOUCHE
- Production Coordinator: KAREN GONZALEZ
- Production Administrator: ALYSIA OAKLEY
- Assistant Production Office Coordinators: MANUEL RODRIGUEZBRIAN BABA
- 1st Assistant Camera: RACHEL LEVINE
- Additional 1st Assistant Camera: ACALISA COLLEY
- Script Supervisor: LAURIE ESSER
- Additional Script Supervisor: STACEY MILLER
- Sound Mixer: DAMIEN CANELOS
- Boom: DAN PAIKIN
- Additional Mixer: DAN FEROTTE
- Additional Boom: ARTHUR GOLDSMITH
- Gaffer: TOM HAMILTON
- Additional Gaffer: MICHAEL GREENE
- Key Grip: BALINT PINCZEHELYI
- Additional Key Grips: DAVID BRYANTJIMMI, DAVARASHVILIRYAN COOKE
- Utility/Swing: MARTIN NOLANTIM WOODCAT, CROSBY JOSHUA SOLSON
- Art Director: TATYANA GELFORD
- Wardrobe Supervisor: MARK ALUTIUS
- Key Make-Up/Hair: ANNEMARIE M. BRADLEY
- Additional Make-Up/Hair: CAT HANSEN
- Locations Manager: CHRISTOPHER J. MARSH
- Parking Coordinator: CLAYTON “MASSIVE” THOMAS
- Still Photographer: EVE PRIME
- Public Relations: KEITH SHERMAN & ASSOCIATES
- Unit Publicist: ALEX PANAGAKIS
- Key Production Assistant: BRIAN ENRIGHT
- Set Production Assistants: APRIL TAYLOR LAURA WHEELER, DAVID GINSBERG, TOBIAS CORE
- Art Department Production Assistants: MICHAEL AUDAS, KEVIN BRENNAN, CHRISTOPHER OTCHY, JEFFERY THOMPSON
- Office Interns: AUDRA COULTHURST, SIMONE FROBOES, EDAN HEAP, MATTHEW HERBERG, DESIREE JONES, MARK LEWIS, LOLA OGUNKOYA, HENRY WILLIAMS